The research goal of this work package is to advance the theory and practice of lightfield data analysis and interpretation for novel FPI applications in medicine, informatics, manufacturing, entertainment, and gaming. Develop novel effective representations for lightfield data and associated reconstruction and conversion algorithms. Develop computationally-efficient compression and processing methods utilizing modern parallel computing platforms. The research in this work package is divided in five tasks, which are also ESR’s individual projects:
- Enhanced lightfield representation for continuous-parallax content (ESR1)
- Computationally efficient lightfield Compression (ESR4)
- Efficient metric surface reconstruction and motion analysis from microlens-based plenoptic images (ESR9)
- Lightfield imaging for cinema quality media production (ESR11)
- GPU assisted lightfield data processing (ESR12)
This work package is led by Fraunhofer IIS. For further questions regarding the work package, please contact Dr. Joachim Keinert.
|ETN-FPI (Project number 676401) is funded under the H2020-MSCA-ITN-2015 call and is part of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions — Innovative Training Networks (ITN) funding scheme|